We strive to provide you the most appropriate tailored business advice and services to assist you with the development of your small business. Discover our services provided by the small business specialists!
1) MENTORING SUPPORT
Being in business by yourself can be difficult, especially when there is limited accountability to others or no one else to turn to for advice. This is where ongoing business mentoring for support can be extremely useful and is offered for start-up and established small and micro businesses.
Mentoring may be available individually or in a group situation and may be face to face, via telephone or online.
2) BUSINESS ANALYSIS
Got an idea for a business but not sure if it will work? We can assist you with business feasibility testing, business planning and advice on purchasing a new business.
Alternatively, you may need a hand seeing just how successful your established business is or how to improve things through business planning including marketing and financial analysis of your business.
We have access to business diagnostics to assist in determining how your business or proposed business fits within a series of success indicators.
3) BUSINESS INFORMATION
4) AUSTRALIAN SMALL BUSINESS ADVISORY SERVICES PROGRAMME
As a small business owner and under the Australian Small Business Advisory Services Programme, we give you access to:
- one-on-one tailored business advisory services
- face-to-face meetings
- virtual/online meetings
- small group training for up to 10 people at a time
- access to mentoring networks for businesses throughout the New England North West Region
We will develop your skills and knowledge in five main areas:
Funding Avenues & Financial Analysis
- Independent information and guidance on available banking and finance products
- How to present finance bids
- Effective cash flow management processes and financial data interpretation
- Referrals to accounting advice
- Diagnostic assessment of current business operations, followed by business planning advice that meets identified needs
- Assistance in preparing marketing plans on promotional opportunities and advertising options
- Guidance on entering new markets and the feasibility of new business ideas, including exporting products or services
- Referrals to other providers that have specific experience in a given industry or business proposition
Making the most of your talent and team
- guidance on human resource strategies, including recruitment, employment and Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) requirements
- Advisory service meetings and networking opportunities
- Talent recruitment and retention tools
- Training programmes to inform enterprising people about significant new regulations and/or relevant Australian Government business initiatives
- Assistance with creating, reviewing and implementing business plans, assessing and improving supply-chain management, succession planning and creating security over leased premises or intellectual property
- Assistance to access appropriate legal advice, including on licensing, retail tenancy, intellectual property and credit management
- Advice and assistance on e-commerce take-up
- Advice and assistance with information technology and broadband services issues
- Advice on adopting technology concepts to assist with marketing, managing and growing ideas.
5) BUSINESS REFERRALS
People do business with people they know, trust and like but what happens when you’re new to business and don’t know where to turn? We have a network of local professionals that we can refer you to for specific assistance with your business such as accountants, solicitors, marketing consultants, insurers etc.
Alternatively, if you are looking to grow your business, you might like to consider marketing your business through your local BEC as a point of contact.
6) TRAINING PROGRAMS
Whether you prefer your training face to face, in a group situation or online, we will be able to either offer you training or point you in the right direction through its network for training on topics such as:
- Starting a Business
- Financial Management
- Record keeping
- Human Resources
- Leadership & Management Skills
- Business Compliance
- Business planning
- Customer service
- Social media for business